- When SFMOMA’s building temporarily closes for expansion construction this summer, the museum will begin an exciting phase of off-site programming, including a series of collaborative exhibitions shown at partner museums throughout the Bay Area.
- Beyond Belief: 100 Years of the Spiritual in Modern Art will be the first museum partnership, organized with the Contemporary Jewish Museum, on view from June 28 through October 27, 2013.
- Spanning a century, this expansive exhibition was conceived as a journey into the connections between spirituality and modern and contemporary art.
- Beyond Belief features more than sixty works on loan to the CJM from SFMOMA’s internationally acclaimed collection.
- Exhibition artists represent a wide variety of cultural backgrounds and interests, ranging from Paul Klee and Piet Mondrian, to Alberto Giacometti and Mark Rothko, to Agnes Martin, Nam June Paik, and Teresita Fernández.
- For more information, read the full press release.
Image: Teresita Fernández, Fire, 2005; silk yarn, steel armature, and epoxy; 96 x 144 in. (243.84 x 365.76 cm); Collection SFMOMA, Accessions Committee Fund purchase; © Teresita Fernández
Posted on Monday, March 25th 2013